Monday, February 4, 2008

Article Marketing: Stay-At-Home Mom Gets 100,000 article views From Just One Article Directory

Just when you are ready to give up article marketing forever... you find out that if you do just a little more, you can blow the roof off the top of your online business.

Let me guess, you have heard all about article marketing, and you have even submitted a few articles. Sure, five years ago that might have been a great way to drive traffic to your website, but it just doesn't work like that anymore. I mean, look at the 5 articles I have submitted, I have just passed 100 views, and only three people clicked through to my website.

That was a lot of work writing those articles, and it sure was not worth having only 3 people click through to my website. I am just going to go back to pay per click, at least I know I am getting some regular viewers to my site, and it only took me 15 minutes to set it up.

Does this sound familiar? It should, it represent 90 percent of the people who post articles on article directories. Let me share a little secret with you that might change your mind. You have to post more than 10 articles. One of the top article directories has said that 90 percent of all authors who publish in their directory never publish more than 9 articles.

I have to admit, I have published more than 50 articles, and there are days when I feel a little discouraged. Then I noticed this interesting statistic on another authors *Extended Author Bio.* Ezinearticles.com shows how many articles an author has posted and then it shows how many views they have gotten to date. Here is the first one I looked at: 465 Active articles, resulting in 50,335 views.

When I first read this, I thought it had to be a misprint. I mean, my best article today only has just over 90 views. Even if all of my articles finally ended up with 90 views, that would only be 4500. Then I thought that he has probably been publishing for 10 years. Nope, all of his articles had been published within the last three years. What? How can that be? Even if you multiply 4500 X 3, you only get 13,500. I thought that 13,000 was the absolute best I could ever hope for: boy was I wrong!

I decided to look into it further to see if there was some kind of mistake. I will admit, I had read that at some point when writing articles, you hit what they call, *critical mass.* They say that it is somewhere between 100 and 250 articles. Anyway, here are a few of the stats that I found with very little research:

1,130 Active articles, resulting in 670,296 views, Member since April 27, 2005
58 Active articles, resulting in 27,164 views, Member since March 24, 2005
45 Active articles, resulting in 13,449 views, Member since July 19, 2006
74 Active articles, resulting in 194,018 views, Member since October 27, 2004

After I found these, I decided to focus on authors that had around 200 articles, since that is around where they say you hit critical mass. Here is what I found just around the 200 articles published mark:

238 Active articles, resulting in 339,172 views, Member since June 28, 2005
233 Active articles, resulting in 30,740 views, Member since October 25, 2007
232 Active articles, resulting in 184,233 views, Member since November 01, 2005
231 Active articles, resulting in 57,886 views, Member since July 14, 2006
236 Active articles, resulting in 63,417 views, Member since December 06, 2005

At 200 articles, if you received 90 views each, which I thought was impossible until today, which comes out to 18,000 views per year. The longest time any of the authors over 200 has been publishing is 2.5 years. That means they should have, in a perfect world, 46,250 views max. Only one author has not blown that number out of the water, and he or she has only been publishing less than a year.

Now I have to admit, I had no idea that there was anywhere near this kind of potential. I pride myself on answering questions that you just can't seem to find the answers to anywhere else. This is one of those questions I have had for a while. Just give it to me straight, what can I expect? Well, here it is.

I didn't use any of the author's names, because this is not allowed on many directories. And remember, to see these numbers you do have to look at the extended author bios. If the author has not posted their picture and information about themselves, the directory doesn't setup an extended author page. This means you can't see these numbers on everyone.

I can tell you this, after looking at these findings, I am so motivated that I am taking the rest of the day off from my job to write articles. Looks like the first one to 200 articles wins see you there.

Dan Iverson can show you how to make your first step a big one when starting your home based business. Having closely documented and written about all that he has learned and because he tracked what actually worked, he can show you how to make your first steps as productive and effective as possible. Come sign up for his ezine at http://whoisdaniverson.blogspot.com/ or sign up at his website at http://bigfirststep.biz/ Dan Iverson, Financial Certainty, Inc. 678.851.8284 Read all my ezine articles at http://daniverson.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dan_Iverson

No comments: