Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Article Marketing Mastery - Come Let me Teach You Why Teaching Others is So Important

You hear it all the time. Write down your goals. If you write down your goals, something magical happens and they come true. I want to take that one step further. What if you make your goal writing? I learned one thing in the Marines that has stuck with me ever since.

I was selected for, and then studied and passed the certification process for *low power* and *high power* turn up licenses.

What this means, is I could jump in the cockpit of an F-4 Phantom Fighter Jet and with the *low power,* I could start and run the jet engines up to 80%. With the *high power,* I could run the jet engine to their top end which was when the after burners would kick in and 10 feet of flames would be shooting out of the back of the engine.

Yes, this was fun, but it was also a lot of responsibility for a kid who prior to going into the Marines had never held a job for more than 6 months. Here is the real point.

I thought I was pretty smart at that point, but about 6 months after I achieved this, and had used and put into practice this certification many times, I was assigned a new guy and was told to teach him how to do it. This is when I first learned how little I actually knew about what I was doing.

He kept asking me question after question about things I had never considered. At first, I thought it was funny, and then I realized that he was looking at it from a completely different perspective than I did. I needed to really understand it a lot better so I could explain it to him in a way that he could learn and understand it.

I swear, I learned more in the next 3 months training him than I had in the whole 2 years before. I know, I know, what does this have to do with article marketing? I am now ranked 15th of 642 other authors for the topic of article marketing in my favorite article directory. By the time you read this, I will be 14th.

I decided I wanted to know everything I could learn about article marketing. But I knew that if I wanted to really become an expert on the topic, I had to teach you about article marketing. I knew the best way to do that was to start to publish articles on the topic. Can you imagine how well you will know a topic after you write 40 articles about it? What about 100? I think you get the idea.

Dan Iverson can show you how to make your first step a big one when starting your home based business. Having closely documented and written about all that he has learned and because he tracked what actually worked, he can show you how to make your first steps as productive and effective as possible. Come sign up for his ezine at http://whoisdaniverson.blogspot.com/ or sign up at his website at http://bigfirststep.biz/ Dan Iverson, Financial Certainty, Inc. 678.851.8284

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dan_Iverson

No comments: